HISTORY OF THE SAN SERGIO CASTLE
Then came the Caracciolo, again with the Di Sangro with Sigismondo e Ippolita that between 1532 and 1535 built there a small castle.
The Rosso returned at the end of 1500, and then in 1602, with Ascanio Rosso and his daughter Mary, gave the feud to Mario Rossi and then to Fulvia Scondito so, in 1622, for 12,000 ducats, she sold the estate to Domenico Pappacoda, Marquis of Pisciotta and already feudatory of Molpa and Palinuro.
It happened that the deal was right in the manor of Saint Sergius, with one hand, the priest Don Luca De Angelis and on the other a friend of Fulvia, Sofia Scannuzzi. The economic situation of Fulvia was burdened by many debts, due to its noisy life of beautiful woman.
Of course in favor of the chapel there was the revenue of the abbey of Centola, and was ruled by a priest.
We know that was the priest Don Oreste Cerulli to rule that from 1587 to 1598, when he resigned. In 1613 we find the chancellor Don Gianpaolo De Damiano (resigned) who left fearing of the bad state of the walls of the chapel.
From 1622 to 1626 the chapel disappeared, leaving only a few standing ruins, Giuseppe Pappacoda, Prince of Centola and Marquis of Pisciotta, died in 1773, the only daughter Giovanna Pappacoda inherited all titles and possessions, and died in 1809.
Giovanna Pappacoda married Prince Giovancarlo Doria D'Angri, so Donna Maria Antonia Doria, heir of Pappacoda, sold the land of San Sergio and other small properties to the feud agent Giovanni Angelo Rinaldi in 1820.
Giovanni Angelo Rinaldi died in 1852, unmarried, donating the land of San Sergio to his nephew Achille Rinaldi (1823-1876) very active and positive man; so virtually, as Stanziola says, it was he who transformed that small building into a palace with structures similar to a castle.
When Achille died, San Sergio was given to his son Giovanni, who give it in turn to his son Achille born in 1880 and died unmarried in 1933. The sisters inherited his property, one of which got San Sergio, and so his son Michele De Agostinis which is the current owner.
After the death of Michele, her daughter Silvia De Agostinis has the idea to turn it into B & B and today, with his sons Vincenzo and Maria, it is the current owner.